Check out my CBE YouTube Playlists with videos on Curriculum, Masks, Vaccines and the other things parents talk to me about:
- Fiscal Responsibility – We need financial stewards that will stop having shortfalls.
- Stop The Blame Game – All levels of government are struggling with revenues and the CBE consistently blames the provincial government (no matter who is in power) rather than taking responsibility.
- Parental Consent – I strongly oppose any policy or law which bypasses parental consent and interferes with the parent/child bond. Parents know what is best for their child; not government, bureaucrats or activists. Parents MUST be included in all discussions regarding their children except in rare and unique circumstances, in which case schools are obliged to involve other resources such as social services. As primary caregivers of their children, parents must be informed, involved, consulted and notified. This is in the interest of the child’s safety.
- School Choice – In the province of Alberta, there is tremendous diversity found among families. Our diversity is what helps make our province strong! For this reason there must be a variety of options available to every parent when they are looking for the best placement for the education of their children. Freedom to attend a public school, a faith-based school, an independent school or to home school should always remain a choice. There are many reasons why children may attend a certain school. Children learn best and families flourish where there is choice.
- Standardized Testing – Standardized testing such as the Canadian Test for Basic Skills and Diploma Examinations ensures a set of basic educational skills is being attained by students.
If you are on a parent council in Ward 12 or 14, I would like the opportunity to sit in on one of your meetings before Oct 18 and hear you experience at the local school level.
If you are an education advocate that operates at the local school level, I would like to hear from you as well.
cell phone: (403) 561-9917
The school system is very important to me as my kids are in K,2 & 4 this year. As they are in school, I am in school – for the next 12 years. I am intensely curious as to what the local problems in the classrooms of our South East neighborhoods are as that is what impacts your children. Its the local classrooms and great teachers that should drive the culture our kids are immersed in and the larger school system should be there to amplify and focus their ingenuity and curiosity – not dampen and standardize it.
This website represents a gateway to other resources and a starting place. I’m daily walking the neighborhoods of wards 12 and 14 and talking to parents at the doors. I’m meeting with parent groups in the area and getting your message out on social media and YouTube. Check out my work YouTube channel where I’m posting CBE videos. If you belong to a parent group, I’d welcome the opportunity to come out and listen and ask questions. Email me or phone me above and after you’ve decided, please share the content with neighbors and parent groups in the area.
I want to be your representative for change.
Yes, my kids are in the public system. My son is in Kindergarten this year and in a publicly funded and public run kindergarten here in Calgary. My daughter attends a CBE school in ward 12 and I walk here there every morning. It has not been appropriate for my eldest daughter to be in a large classroom this year and so she is part of the Sturgeon Public School division here in Alberta and this year she is home schooling. Peace to all those who like to say otherwise.